RE: <E28> How do you remove tweeters from door pods?

Erick,

If the tweeters are anything like the E30's,  They are glued in from the =
rear.
 I used an x-acto to carve as much glue and plastic from the tweeter itse=
lf as
I could from the backside and save the pod. I also dug in some on the fro=
nt
side after removing the grille.  Then I just used a small screwdriver and=

pryed the tweeter out.  I also found out that some heat will help soften =
the
old glue.  Mine were sitting on the dash in the sun for a while and got w=
arm
and it made it much easier to pop them apart.

Regards,
Jeff =

BMWCCA 77366

> ------------------------------
> =

> Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 14:45:34 -0800
> From: Erick Baumeister <erickbau@domain.elided>
> Subject: <E28> How do you remove tweeters from door pods?
> =

> All,
> Well I splurged and bought nice new 1" tweeters for the front door pods=

> in my '88 535i. Problem is, I haven't been able to remove the originals=

> from the pods! They seem to be epoxied in there and the exacto knife I
> thought I would use to get the glue out isn't making a dent. Unless
> someone on the list has a better idea I am reduced to 2 alternatives:
> =

> - -Drill out then grind the old tweeter out
> =

> - -buy an empty tweeter pod set. Are these even available? the partial
> part # on the passenger side one is: 1 380 582 2
> =

> TIA
> Erick Baumeister
> '88 535ia
> Livermore,CA BMWCCA 131280

- -- =

Jeff Schnellinger           | "Explain to me the scientific =

BMW +JC +Alpine +RF +BA     |     nature of 'the whammi' "
mvnsnd at usa dot net       |          Agent Scully

Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=3D=
1