Gearshift Heater????

Hey,

After I backed down my driveway this morning and reached for the shifter, I
noticed that the leather on the wheel and shifter were ice cold.  My
sheepskins kept my seat warm and the heaters beneath warm up in a few minutes.
Anyway, I got this thought on how nice it would be to have a heated steering
wheel like no the new Bimmers.  Then I thought, "What if I somehow wired the
gearshifter with a heating element?"  Just think, you could have nice warm
hands and fingers all the time, whether on the wheel or shifter.  How great
would it be for the shifter to warm up instantly like the seats?  I know it is
annoying down here in Georgia where the temperature rarely gets below 32 :o)
:o).  Anyway, is this an incredibly stupid idea?  Anyone have any ideas how to
wire the shifter up (maybe splice from the light on the new ones)?  Just
spitting out ideas.  Maybe somebody could figure this out or rig something up
and market it to the digest.  Could donate the money to a good cause like the
"Bubba Kids"?  Just some thoughts, let me know what You think or if you have
any ideas.  By the way, I am sorry if anyone thinks this is a WOB, the last
thing I want to start is a flame war.  Regards

Rory
'90 525i