Re: E30 - '87 325ic Exhaust Question

As the owner of one E30 with a leaky muffler to another...

>Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 10:21:43 -0800
>From: "Peter Sankiewicz (Volt Computer)" <a-petsan@domain.elided>
>Subject: E30 - '87 325ic Exhaust Question
>
>The time has come to replace my muffler. Could someone please tell me
>if there is an after market muffler worth looking at? Should I buy the
>over priced stock muffler from a dealer? Any suggestions, comments
>and flames will be appreciated... :^)
>
>Peter Sankiewicz
>1987 e30 - 325iC with Leaky Muffler

No, you should buy the stock muffler from a vendor who is willing to give
you a CCA club discount, like for example:

Double 02 Salvage
Hayward, CA
(510) 782-2002
[Usual disclaimer, no affiliation]

Or there are others, and I haven't checked prices lately.

Aftermarket mufflers usually don't deliver the increased HP they promise,
or if they do, it comes at high RPMs at the expense of power lower in the
rev range.  So, I think you're right buying a well-made, long-lasting,
properly fitting factory muffler.  Opinions may vary, of course - when
has everyone on a Digest ever agreed with anything?

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977
1990 325i/isH