Re: Uh-oh, running rough- SOLVED

Hi All,

Thanks to all of you who replied to my question regarding the rough running
my 325 was experiencing. I have solved the mystery today and thought that I
would offer the solution in case anyone else was having a similar
experience.

I removed the spark plugs to replace them and found that number 6 plug was
covered in oil! The cause is that the seals around the plug-tube are
leaking and allowing engine oil to collect around the top of the plug
causing an intermittent short. Result = no spark momentarily on one
cylinder!

No guesses as to what I will be doing this weekend! For those of you that
have been under the cam-cover on the E36, are there any nasties that I
should know of or is it plain-sailing?

Thanks again for all the help.

Regards

Sean

http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~scm1/bmw.htm

'93 E36 325i SE (24v VaNoS, firing on all 6 cyls again.....)
(E36 ///M3 next...)

Southampton, UK