RE: <E28> Anyone Tried Stainless Brake Lines?

I put a set of stainless lines into my 535is over two years ago and there
was a definite improvement in pedal feel.

Be careful of where you get your lines!  I bought my first set from a
certain Roundel advertiser that is notorious for selling less than top
quality parts.  (I found that out after I bought stuff from them.)  About
six months after installing the lines, two of the rear lines failed
catastrophically.  Brake fluid came right out the side of the hose, not at
the crimped ends.  These types of hoses can leak at the ends if abused or
kinked, but my hoses leaked in the middle.  When I called the company, they
were only mildly apologetic and reluctantly offered to send me new lines
which never arrived.  I now have a set of Earl's lines.

The moral: Get lines from only the most reputable sources to avoid the
parking lot drama that I experienced.

Ed

Ed Walters
1988 BMW 535is BL/SSed, ERKed, coilovered, camber/castered
		   EW/MAFed
		   Chip? We don't need no stinking chip
1974 BMW 2002  The Safari Sled

Team DFL http://home.earthlink.net/~teamdfl/index.html
		   Bringing low-cost high performance to
		   a BMW near you.

www.shortshifter.com, UUC Motorwerks, "Holy Shift!"

Pomoto Pictures, "The Deer and the Cheetah",
		   an unromantic comedy, coming eventually
		   to a theater near you