E30 M3 Quirks / E3 Manuals FS

E-mail: Will Mitchell <kenneth.mitchell@domain.elided>
Work:(800) 967-5100, Ext. 2226
Fax: (800) 395-4627
Date: 03/03/99  Time: 16:33:37

This is my first posting to the digest in over a year, so if I ask any questions that have
recently been answered I apologize in advance. That said...

(1) My '88 M3 is in dire need of a new catylitic converter (115k miles will do it). Laughing
price from the stealer is $1400. Any suggestions on an aftermarket cat? I have been given a
price of $450 for a Daveco(sic?) cat, as well as $550 for a Marvin Miller cat. Anybody ever here

of these? I am working with a fairly limited budget, but I don't want to choke my car, either.

(2) On said car, every now and then there is a vibration throughout the car at about 2000 rpm
and up. It sounds as though the exhaust is rubbing against the car, but I have checked it and
all seems okay.

(3) My interior lights stay lit after washing the car or a very hard rain storm. It is not the
door pin switch as I have checked this route already. The car previously had an aftermarket
alarm in it. Also, the door lock on the drivers side only works when it is turned 90 deg (like
engaging the double lock feature) but does not double lock. Is it possible that these two things

are related?

(4) I have the factory repair manuals for the old E3 2500/2800/3.0/Bavaria. They are in
excellent condition and appear to be complete. I have no use for them and they are taking up
space. It would be nice to sell them, but I have no idea as to what they are worth. Any takers?

Please e-mail me privately or on the digest, it makes no difference to me. Thanks to all in
advance.

Will Mitchell
'88 M3