Re: [E36M3] E30 & E36 Rear Brake Upgrades

Brick wall...hmmm...does Movit have measured 60-0 times and/or
60-0 distance measurements?   I think my '95 M3 with 235 pilots
is supposed to stop in 111 ft.   Will Movit guarantee shorter braking
distance with the 235's, or are they going to make me go to
different tires because the Pilots are now possibly out of grip?
Or are they just going to offer me less time to fade with
repeated braking...?

I would buy better brakes, but the primary motivator for a $4000
expenditure would be stop/start freeway driving, not track...
track would just be a bonus (divine guidance hopefully for the
M3 on my tail at driving school)

Thanks, sir!
- - Skip

Steve D'Gerolamo wrote:

> Movit has been manufacturing front big brake kits using Porsche 993 twin
> turbo components which are a great improvement over stock for race and
> aggressive track applications.  They are now coming out with a rear kit
> using heavily modified 993 turbo rear calipers, rotors and pads.
> Decellearation with full 4 wheel conversion is "like hitting a concrete
> wall" according to Movit's Guido Frensemeyer.
>
>   Pricing should be available shortly.  Kits will be discounted to all
> customers who are currently running Movit's front brakes.  SD
> Steve D'Gerolamo - The Ultimate Garage
> 201-262-0412 / steved3@domain.elided / http://www.ultimategarage.com

End of bmw-digest V9 #1007