A/C Not Working on a 97 E36......

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone out there has a good answer as to why the a/c in my
1997 328i is not working. The fan works fine but the a/c compressor does not
even think about starting........golly, do you think it could be the
compressor? The car has 69,000k on the clock.......lots of highway miles! But
the compressor was changed out at about 15k miles due to a slight collision
involing my front end and the back of a Chevy truck! Anyway, let me here what
you all think.

Thanks,