Re: Re: E34's FOREVER!

Paul wrote:

>    Fortunately for me, my daily commute does not yet have a
> stop-and-go situtation.   But I do have these stop signs on my route
> to the freeway.   Here again, I time my approach so the cars ahead of
> me can make their full stop and take off while I'm traveling at
> a slowly decreasing speed to need only one clutch operation.   With
> only one car ahead of me, this timing is rather easy.   With two cars,
> its more difficult, but possible.
>
>    Has anyone else tried these techniques?

Around Washington we call the first technique "letting people in" and the second
one "pissing people off".  They're both good techniques, unfortunately around
here good manners is a sign of weakness.
- --
Pat Donahue  (wimp) CCA 125031
Vienna, VA
'91 M5 4GTFUL <- for sale: http://www.bubbaclub.com/pat/m5sale.html