Re: <E36> headlamp warning gong

Sean Murphy wrote

"Is it possible to change the type of warning gong that sounds when the keys
are removed from the ignition and the lights are left on in my E36? The
noise is really annoying (and yes I know that it is meant to be). The one
fitted in a friends Renault does the same job but sounds much 'classier'.
Also where is this chimer located?"

Sean- my headlamp warning is a buzzer, not a gong, and it just annoying
enough to get my attention.  Maybe you should check to see if someone wired
your lights to the gong, or, maybe UK E36s are different from NA E36s in
this respect.

Jay Kenty
'93 E36 325i
'99 E39 528iT