<E36> Lets remove the oil filter cover from my '96 328is

  Being in tool mode, here's another one.  On my '96 328is, the plastic like
oil filter cover is removed via a 36 mm whatever.  For what it's worth the BMW
repair instructions state: Do not damage oil filter cover.  Only open and
tighten with a socket wrench noting the 25 Nm (18.4 lb-ft) torque value on the
oil filter cover.  A 36 mm hex socket is not that common.  For a look see of
the 1/2" drive Snap-on hex impact socket that I purchased connect to my home
page and look under the tools section.

 RonStygar@domain.elided  FLY BMW  Marlborough, CT
   http://www.unofficialbmw.com/ronstygar.html