Inoperative Central Locking

Fixed at last!
My long term central locking problem ('86 E30) seems to be sorted. I found a
broken track on the CLCU printed circuit board and I reflowed all the solder
joints. I also replaced a couple of pins in the connector in the door jamb.
I also changed the actuators (all), although this was not necessary, but I
got a complete set for the equivalent of $8! from a scrapped '90 318i. The
weather can play havoc with the electrics, those of you with similar
problems be patient and have a look at the FAQ on Ron's unofficial bmw page
http://www.unofficialbmw.com , I think.
To all of you who posted your suggestions, thank you, this is what the
digest is all about.
Mark Fitzgerald
sammy@domain.elided