Re: Question for any Motronic wizards

Could this be a faulty ignition switch, or some kind of ignition relay? It
would seem that if the lights come back on when it is ready to be started
that the ECU has regained it's power supply? Does the radio and other
accesories work?

I'm not sure how it's wired - does the ECU supply power to the coil, or is
it supplied straight from the key(I think it might be this way)?Anyway, you
could check if the coil is
getting power when you put the key on. If the ECU is dead and the coil is
live then it can't be the ignition. If the coil is dead too the it might be
the key or a relay. Again it depends on the ignition wiring/setup, and I'm
not familiar with the details of it.

Allan Williams.