RE: bmw-digest V9 #985

Hi Donn,

I can't categorically give you an answer, but I do have one data point
for you.  I got a speeding ticket in IL in '94 or so, and it never
showed up on my record in Michigan, where I lived at the time.

Of course, this was a long time ago, and it may have changed since then,
and YMMV, so please don't sue me if it turns out I was wrong! ;-)

Another thought: you ought to be able to get your record from Illinois'
DMV without the insurance company's knowledge.  Then you could see for
sure.  You'll probably have to spend an afternoon on hold waiting for a
damnable civil servant and pay something like $20, but it could be worth
it.

Yet another thought: I know there are places on the www that you can get
a copy of your credit report.  I also know there are mail-order services
that can get you your credit report and your driving record (I've done
this).  Transitively, there ought to be somewhere on the www that you
can get your driving record.  This could save you the aforementioned
afternoon on hold.

Anyway, HTH, and good luck!

- -vik