Tire Recommendations

Greetings digesters..

My E34 535ia will be needing tires in about 6 months. It currently has
Dunlop D60-A2's in 225/60/15.  I like the stickyness of these , but
the resistance to puncture and crappy performance in this winters 3 ice
days was terrible.  I think that a 235/60/15 might be a bit better, But
I need something that will deal with Portland, Oregon's
winter. (read:high performance/all season)

Checking Tire racks web site, the Michelin Pilot XGT H4  looks OK
and the price seems right. This note is to ask for any and all advise
on brands/models and wheather the width upgrade wud make much
difference. Is there much change from "H" to "V" to "Z" ???

TIA...Tom.