Clutch/tranny noise...E30 : Could be the Throw-out bearings

     >Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:45:27
     >From: "dan" <Daniel.D.Ayd-1@domain.elided>
     >Subject: Clutch/tranny noise...E30

     >When I push the clutch pedal all the way to the floor I hear a fairly
     >loud
     >squeak/scratching/grinding coming from the trans area.  Doesn't
     >Thanks again!

     >Dan
     >1990 325i

     Hi Dan

     Sounds like you have a worn throw-out bearing. It is a $70.00 part but
     you need to get to the clutch to change it. If you still have the
     original clutch/pressure plate you might as well change them as well
     that while you are at it.

     Gak
     '89 //M3