Re: RE: in trunk of E28

> Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:31:02 EST
> From: Atkin11J@domain.elided
> Subject: RE: in trunk of e28
>
> I do belive that the box you refer to is the charcoal canister. It basically
> absorbes the fuel vapors from the fuel tank, mostly an emissions device , not
> sure of the implications if it is removed.
>
> Derek Atkin
> 85 535i 168k
> BMW CCA 136755

The expansion tank is the gray plastic container in the trunk near the right shock
tower.  Removing it WILL allow the release of hazardous fuel vapors and also the
engine will likely not run properly.  The charcoal canister is the large black
canister located in the engine compartment.

D.A. Smith
Indy