1999 740i Sport Package sighting - whoahhhh!

Went to Tischer BMW in Laurel Md on Friday and saw something I didn't
recognize at first - I thought it was a 5 series with the M Parallel Spoke
Wheels and 18 inch tires, until I realized this was the Holy Grail for
luxobarges - the new 740i Sport Package decked out in anthracite grey trim
and grey leather.  HOT!  The huge wheels and tires made the car appear to
be small!!!  At $67,800 out the door (MSRP of $71,000), this seems like a
great deal if you're in the market for an enormous, wonderfully handling,
automatic shifting  machine.  Does anyone out there own one yet?  What's it
like to drive one of these?  Love the new scalloped headlights - similiar
to the new 3 series.  It came in an automatic with the "sportmatic"
shifter.  They are apparantly all spoken for before coming in to the
dealerships.  If anyone is waiting for an M5, and has decided that an
automatic may be more suitable for the huge amount of city driving they do,
this car may be worth looking into!  It definitely caught my eye.
Steve Robinson
1995 740i (it's always nice to have something to lust after - the new 99
740 sport model!)
1988 911 Carrera