Re: Quote from bosch book, Jim have you read this? AFM is a mass flow device.

mark kibort wrote:

 mark.. give it a rest..

 You've personally caused the closure of the BMW Digest
 and you can't read..

 Right in the Bosch Automotive Handbook it explains
 "Variable Orifice Pitot Tube Meters"..

 (showing a PICTURE of the std. Vane AFM)

  It explains that they measure a quantity which is:

  Constant*Fv*Fm..

  A number that is "between" mass and volume flows
  but that for calculation purposes it is effectivly
  VOLUME because you need the air density to bring
  it to *true* massflow.. (quote from Bosch Handbook, 4th ed)

  I didn't even BOTHER to explain it to you..
  Because it's pointless.. you don't listen

  And for calculations it's still VOLUME flow because
  you need to correct the volume term to use the numbers

  The BARO sensor isn't for F*CKING CALIFORNIA
  EMISSIONS YOU TWIT..  It's for proper conversion
  of VOLUME flow to MASS flow via basic gas equations
  that need pressure and TEMP to compensate air density

  It's also used in some cars to advance Spark to raise BMEP
  as we increase in Altitude!!

  I guess you were thinking about San Francisco, FRANCE
  or Los Angeles, GERMANY where quite a FEW of these
  cars have BARO sensors.. and it wasn't for EMISSIONS!

  Feel free to make up all the quotes you want, and/or
  take real ones out of context..

  It's become quite apparent to most everyone on the
  planet that you havent got the sense that God gave
  a simple head of Cabbage..

  So, when you're copying in your family on all these
  posts.. please ask them for the majority of us..

  1) Was I fed lead paint as a child..

  2) Did someone drop me on my head

  3) Is it genetic?!?

  I mean.. I notice that every time you think you're
  the family genius, you copy everyone in on this drivel

  If you want to impress them.. take them to dinner!

  If you havent noticed, your tenure in the BMW world
  is over.. and it took the death of a list that many
  of US, who have now left, created.. names you might
  not even know.

  Luckily, you will not have a chance to POISON yet
  another list, because you are persona non-grata
  there.. as in NOT WELCOME!

  Jim.

  PS: Please save me from the old BS out of 15 year old
      Bosch literature that is INTENTIONALLY MISLEADING
      like how the system doesn't USE the airflow numbers
      after a certain RPM.. (total bullsh*t and ALSO in
      print in some OLD Bosch manuals!)

End of bmw-digest V9 #959