Re: So long Richard...

I just subscribed again to the digest a couple of days ago, after an
absence of about 5 years.  I was pretty active here in 1992 and 1993.

I'm amused to see the flurry of notes from people leaving.  I seem to
recall that this happened about 5 years ago, and I'm sure it's happened in
the intervening years as well.  This service has survived plenty of flame
wars.  Every once in a while some of the subscribers take themselves and
their opinions too seriously, and the juices get flowing.  Kind of like
hitting triple digits on a twisty road in an M car...we seem to be
adrenaline junkies, both on line and behind the wheel.

Richard, I am delighted to see that the digest is still surviving, and glad
to be back aboard.  I'm in the process of buying an '88 M5 (listed in the
last Roundel as a 'stealth' car in Arizona).  The inspection came out
great, the car looks beautiful, and the conversion looks VERY thorough and
professional.  I've never owned an M, and am looking forward to tapping the
collective wisdom of this list once I pick the car up and start to learn
about it.

Best,
- -tdc

Tom Childers		'79 528i, 195K