Re: administrivia: time to fold it up?

I think we all owe Richard a HUGE vote of thanks for all the
effort he has put in over the years. I must have been here
four or five years and without exagerting the digest has
changed my life.

Before I would never have had the confidence to embark on
the projects I've done over the years and I've made a lot of
good friends via this mailing list.

I think the S/N ratio of the net as a whole has suffered
ever since the Web came along and made it too popular.
Perhaps what has gone on here is a symptom of that.

At least the 318ti and Big Coupe Groupe lists seem fairly
flame free but these are lower volume forums and seem to
attract fewer of what I can only call tossers.

If is very sad that Richard has felt the need to do this but
with some of the personal abuse he's had to take I'm not
surprised.

It would be nice if the archives could be maintained or at
least donated to a new site, they are too valuable to lose.
But then so is the digest itself.

The net is a poorer place without the Digest and I hope
certain people are happy with themselves now. I don't just
mean Mark either, the moaning Minies out there are probably
even more to blame.

I doubt if you'll  change your mind and we must respect that.
Goodbye Richard and thanks for all the Fish :-)

- --
Email: john@domain.elided, John G.Burns B.Eng, Aberdeen, Bonny Scotland
Web  : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!