<WOB> Doppelsieg fur Porsche (GT2 and GT3) :-)

<<Well, they were bound to get lucky and have both PTG M3's go down with
mechanical problems in the same race, after we cleaned their clocks the last
5 races in a row.  The GT3 pole winning Porsche lasted all but 1 hour before
Bill Auberlan overtook him, and he would have run himself ragged trying to
chase us if we hadnt gone down.  And after Bill went out with a crankshaft
failure it didnt take long before the other M3 had taken a solid lead in GT3
until the drivetrain failed.  I am confident we will put them in their place
the rest of the season and win the manufacturers title again.>>
"Put them in their place"?  LOL-that's not sour grapes, is it? As I recall,
one of the important parts of an endurance race is enduring. :-) There was
something similar in the latest Roundel-all about how Porsche had destroyed
FIA GT1 by twisting the rules (failing to mention how FIA, continuing their
decades-long anti-turbo bias, had so swung the rules in favor of NA cars
that Porsche didn't win a single event (other than their 1-2 finish at Le
Mans)).  Oh well-it brings to mind that saying someone here had expressed a
few months ago about how BMW owners hate Porsches, but Porsche owners love
BMWs. :-> In all seriousness, though, Daytona was a great race with awesome
effort put in by all the teams.  I wish everyone the best of luck for next
year.
- --Lane Flynn
BMWCCA #158896
94 325is
"Can't the Porsches and BMWs just get along...to hate the 'Vettes?"  :)