Hello

Yesterday I bought my first BMW, a 1990 750iL, 117K miles. Back in 1989 I
first looked at a 3 series, and just yesterday took the plunge! It took a
while, but I'm glad that I am here. Living in the Atlanta area, the used
car choices were pretty plentiful, but finding the right one took a while.

I documented my purchase journey with several pictures at
http://conundrumcomputing.com/bimmer.htm

Anyway, during the pre-purchase inspection, several items were identified
and are either being fixed or are 'in the queue'. One item I'd like some
help with is the gas gauge. The gauge does not work - it is stuck at
slightly over 1/2 tank. The prev. owner said he uses the OBC to gauge how
much fuel is left.

How difficult to fix? The other items being done by the mechanic are much
more time consuming or complex - I'm going to tackle the lights, windshield
wipers, etc.

Woohoo!

Steve Jones
stephen.jones@domain.elided or here