Battery Chargers & Jump Start Tools

Mike.........the JumpNCarry boxes do not double as battery chargers.   A
battery charger will, however, double as a jump start tool but be careful
as many contemporary BMW and other automotive electrical systems are very
fragile.  If you're going to jump start, unplug the ABS relay and turn on a
few high load accessories (lights, blower, etc) to dampen the jolt to the
electrical system.

My choice would to be to use one of the JumpNCarry 600 units (Professional
series with industrial grade components-medium duty applications) for
mobile situations and a high end bench top battery charger (eg, an
Associated 94xx unit) for dedicated battery recharging (an automatic
self-adjusting unit that will not overcharge the battery if connected
indefinitely...when you set one of those big Commercial Chargers manually
to 50 amps or 100 amps, that's what you'll continue to get..these can boil
away the battery and overheat the plates with explosive consequences).

 Both units are small enough to be stored away in your tool cabinets in the
workshop or garage.  SD
>Steve, I'm looking to pick up a battery charger, and am trying to
>find one that doubles as a hand held jump box.  Mike Reimer
Steve D'Gerolamo - The Ultimate Garage
201-262-0412 / steved3@domain.elided / http://www.ultimategarage.com