Pressure Regulator

- - ------------------
Before you go about using the tank for bleeding the brakes, you have to get=
a pressure regulator.  The tank can hold air at 125psi.  The brake=
reservoir should be pressurized to 15 to 20psi, maximum.  It blows up at=
30psi.

I bought a Coilhose filter/regulator, part number MFC2.  I also bought a=
Coilhose gauge, part number G14160.  Since the guage has a =BC NPT fitting=
and the regulator has a 1/8 NPT fitting, I had to get an adapter from a=
local distributor.  I put a male-threaded connector on the inlet port of=
the regulator, and a male-threaded coupler on the outlet port of the=
regulator.
			This is the wrong regulator and gauge for this application.  CoilHose
Pneumatics makes great regulators but you ordered one with a glass filter
element (too bulky...all you needed was the regulator) and you should have
ordered one with the optional low pressure spring.  In addition, you should
be using a 0-60psi center back gauge with 1/8" outlet (your supplier gave
you the wrong unit) and not the 0-160psi unit you ordered with the 1/4"
outlet.
		I occasionally use one of these portable 9 gallon air tanks (MidWest
Products) for brake bleeding (15-20psi), blow gun application (all OSHA
approved guns are regulated to 30psi outlet pressure when the nozzle is
dead-ended...this is so people don't cause air bubbles under their skin
when they pull the trigger of the gun and direct full tank or regulated
pressure, often over 100psi, into the palm of their hand) or filling tires
(30-40psi).  You're not going to run 90psi air tools off these tanks.  SD
Steve D'Gerolamo - The Ultimate Garage
201-262-0412 / steved3@domain.elided / http://www.ultimategarage.com