Re: [E36M3] RE: Jim C 2.8 dyno results (from Z3 list?)

Sorry, but I have to ask...

Land Shark wrote:

>   Take your car.. OBD-II.. chipped or stock.. drive it one week
>   like a MADMAN and dyno it.. then drive it for another week
>   very meekly.. and dyno it.. compare the results.. and they
>   WILL NOT be anywhere NEAR the same.. and we didn't change the
>   car at ALL..

Okay, so if you drive your car gently all week, then it will adapt
lean/rich based on how the engine is performing at low throttle.
Then when you go to the track on saturday and stand on the throttle,
it may be too lean or too rich depending upon how the engine is
performing at WOT.  Right?

So, if you are going to the track in your daily driver, and you want
it performing its best on Saturday, you may want to flog it during
the week -- so the software is adapting to the engine at high
throttle rather than at low throttle????  Right?

(Sorry officer, I wasn't racin' -- I was just tryin' to keep my car
tuned properly.  ;^)

Did I get that right?

Thanks,

Brian

P.S.  Besides the lean/rich software, is there any other software that
is adapting and affected by driving behavior?

End of bmw-digest V9 #940