re: Why Are Cruisin Lights Illegal?!?!?!?!

VeeDubJeff@domain.elided writes:

> Cruisin Lights are little tinny bulbs that you usually drill stick in
your
> headlights so they light them up with a color (green, blue, purple,
etc).
> They don't "shine" off a beam of colored light, they just make your
headlights
> "glow" if you look at them.

>I didn't feel the need to question
> their authority on WHY they are illegal.  I know they are, but
WHY!??!?!?!

Well, there are two reasons: the "legal" reason, and the "real" reason.

The "legal" reason is likely that they are a distraction, and also that
they might be mistaken for taillights. It's not good to mistake the front
end of a car for the tail end, nor is it good to have people twisting
their heads to look at them.

But the real reason, of course, is that the lawmakers wisely knew that
only an idiot would do this knowing full well that it's against the law.
In fact, they knew that if they made it illegal, all of the idiots would
immediately go out and do it. With the idiot's cars now clearly marked,
state police can now compile a comprehensive database of all of the idiots
on the road. When the legislature gets the guts to ban all of the idiots
from the road, they will be set to take immediate action.

(Latest idiot encountered: white Japanses SX-something with freaking
aircraft landing lights in the fogs, probably 4X brighter than the
headlights. Overpowered my rearview mirror in the DARK position. Yes, he
had Crusin Lights too.)
 -------
Jon Tara
95 325is sharked, no funny lights