Leather care...

>Anyone know about how to care for our leather interiors?  I've
>seen (correct me if I'm confused) Lexol and Hide-food.  Do these
>work?  Are either better for the longevity of the leather than
>warm water?  Does BMW recommend these or anything else?  (Audi
>apparently specifically recommends against anything but water.)

I've used Lexol products for the last 3 years on the previous 328is and the
current M3 (both black interior) with great results. I usually clean heavy
soiled areas every couple of months (steering wheel, shift knob, drivers
seat), and conditioned the entire interior about twice a year. In between,
wiping with a damp cloth to remove dust worked just fine with no ill effects.

As always, YMMV.

Jim Bassett
Walnut Creek, CA
1998 M3/4