Re: TC Kline Rollbar

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Greg Koenig wrote:
	<snip>
> bolt it directly to the floor

DON'T DO THIS!  The floorpan is *way* too thin to provide any kind of
safety -- heck, it'll probably flex just driving around.  You want
support from the tunnel and the doorsill -- e.g. a horizontal box-steel
piece from sill to tunnel ( securely mounted/welded to both) at the front
and back of the seat mounting points.  Better yet, consult with a race car
builder who's done this before....

Also, if I were you I'd seriously consider installing a seat-back brace in
a car with stock seats.....

- -Jefrem Iwaniw, jiwaniw@domain.elided, '72 2002, '94 525i
 Keller, TX