What this list has become!

Michael:

I totally agree with your post. Smart ass retorts to honest ?s is what this
list has been reduced to. When I joined this digest some 4 years ago, I could
get a polite informative answer and just sometimes find another fellow
enthusiast that shared my lust for our cars. I un subscribed once about a year
ago when we E30 M3 guys developed our own list (it's moderated BTW) and found
it refreshing to once again talk cars and nothing but cars. Well, after a short
hiatus I re subscribed to this list and what did I find? More bickering and BS
content than car talk. I've seen newbies ask about things that were very
important to them only to see a half dozen smart ass replies. Like Michael said
if you know the answer share your experience, if you don't.........well, nuff
said.

I dunno guys, it seems to me that if someone posts a question (I bought my
car for $xx,xxx and now it be broke), it is just plain mean to tell them
that they paid too much.   It's too late, there's nothing he or she can do
about it.   Other than to inflate your own ego (because you are soooo much
smarter) I really don't see the point, ya know?   Just answer the question
if you know the answer.

Michael
I once paid $2000 over sticker for a 24 year-old car!

End of bmw-digest V9 #929