WD40 on Paint

Hey gang,

     My understanding is that WD40 is a Silicone lubricant.
I may be wrong about this, I haven't read the can recently.
If I am correct, however, you may want to think twice before
using it even NEAR your paint.  Silicone will prevent new paint
from adhering.  It is a MAJOR problem if you ever want to
repaint that area without removing the old paint first.  It is
the same thing that happens when you try to paint over
silicone bathroom caulking.  The paint just sort of beads up.
A friend had that problem when restoring a 2002 after
using Armour All on the dash (after the windshield was
removed, before painting).

     That's my input for what its worth.

Robert Charles
1991 E30 318is