re: HK audio

I have the HK on my 98 M3/4 -- it's a fine system to my ears -- but a
buddy at a high quality audio shop tells me any such shop can do you
better interms of quality for 1/2 to 2/3 cost.  Same for any dealer
installed v. after market unit/items.  Warning: check with the shop first
to make sure wiring, etc. is such that they can do the job at a reasonable
cost.

Note: I looked into getting the add on BMW speakers at dealer for our Z3
- -- not bad for $150 -- but they wanted $240 to install -- shop could do it
all for $150.  I guess you don't need a BMW mechanic (and BMW rates) to
do a sound system.

 Stu Burness