Impressions of a recent Digest

>Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 19:37:04 -0600
>From: "spinc" <spinc@domain.elided>
>Subject: a fable
>
>Tee Kites of olden times, as well as swans, had the privilege of song.  But
>having heard the neigh of the horse, they were so enchanted with the sound,
>that they tried to imitate it; and, in trying to neigh, they forgot how to
>sing.
>
>Moral:  The desire for imaginary benefits often involves the loss of
>present blessings.
>
> We can make this digest work.

Explain EXACTLY how?  There is a cancer here, it's malignant, and the
patient is dying.

>Joe Jannik
>
>Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 20:48:09 -0500
>From: mark kibort <mkibort@domain.elided>
>Subject: compuserve quality check
>
>Hey, is this a little better?   I hope so.   I just read my last post and=
>started to hate myself for what it looked like.  Im definately looking to=
>
>fix it up this week.  =
>

>Mark K
>www.innoventions.org

You should hate yourself.  People like you and people who ask "Why are you
asking for a NO MARK digest" are the problem.  The problem is that they are
parasites.  The want something for nothing.  Or worse, they want to profit,
regardless the inconvenience to many others.

>Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 21:30:02 -0500
>From: "Gary Bossert" <mpower@domain.elided>
>Subject: I WANT A NO-MARK BMW DIGEST
>
>PLEEEEAAASSSEEEE!.
>
>///Gary Bossert
>mpower@domain.elided
>http://members.aol.com/e30m3power

Very sensible response here.  Not suprising from some who has made many
CONTRIBUTIONS to the Digest WITHOUT EXPECTING any personal enrichment.
(BTW, Gary, get my check?)

>Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 19:29:57 -0800
>From: Ed <edonn@domain.elided>
>Subject: NO MARK DIGEST
>
>Short & Sweet:

>I WANT A NO-MARK BMW DIGEST
>
>Ed

Another voice of reason.

>Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 22:43:35 -0500
>From: "Scottie Sharpe" <scott@domain.elided>
>Subject: Bye everyone! 76 2002 still for sale in PA
>
>I know my subscription has been short, but I thought I'd give you all a few
>days to get over the bumpy stuff.
>
>Having been involved in lots of mailing lists, I frankly have never seen so
>many worthless posts and tacky waste of bandwidth. Does waste of bandwidth
>even mean anything anymore? Everyone's pressing Send but nobody has their
>brains turned on.

Another parasite.  Let me paraphrase:  You guys (and gals) suck, I don't
care, let me know when, if, the problem is resloved (but I am NOT interested
in lifting a finger to help).

>Uhh, I'll guess I'll check back in a few months...
>
>BTW, I'm selling a red 76 2002 in PA.

BTW I'm still interested in something for nothing, so send me your money for
this car.

>See you all later! Stay healthy. Be safe.
>
>My best,
>
>Scottie Sharpe
>scott@domain.elided

I invite you stay away, Scottie.

I am going to send a check for $250 to the winner of the Digest Logo contest
and I will be embarrassed to put a Digest logo sticker on my car (if, when
it ever gets produced).  And I'm willing to spend another $250 to be on
another BMW Digest that is NOT open to any idiot with a PC, a modem, and a
keyboard.  You don't always get what you pay for, but you pay for what you
get.

Chris Brennan
BMW CCA #19577

Signed proudly with a relatively low number.   Not as an effete snob, but
rather, as someone with 20 years of experience and commitment of valuable
time to a worthwhile organization.  What have you done today to make a
difference in BMW land?  BTW, thinking about it and writing e-mails don't
count.