Re: Anybody using CONTINENTAL tires?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Continental has been making tires for a long time. I  can't comment on the
c02 emissions and saving fuel but I suppose anything is possible in the
eyes of a marketing exec. I do have 2 Conti's on my Mountain bike, the rear
uses two different compounds, the centre is softer (and orange) to provide
maximum grip and the sides are a harder compound to bite hard in the
corners . the tire also use a Kevlar bead to save weight and resist
puncture. This tire works better than any other I have used but cost me
$75! (most cost about $30 - $40)

The moral of the story is that Conti make some interesting products so the
claims might be somewhat accurate. For more info check
http://www.contitires.com or http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirebrand_f.html.

Dave Larocque
'87 325
'98 Klien Pulse Pro -> I figure its pretty much open season on the Digest.
Next time I 'll post a recipe for cookies