HELP E28 535iS NO START

OK good people here is a real BMW related true to form digest type question.
I apologize in advance for the lack of ERAM, Racial, or Bubba slamming
content. I will save the Rob/Helen slam for after cuz Rob's the guy most
likely to solve the problem :)

The car 1988 535iS (automatic)

The time line:

Car sits for 6 weeks, cold wet weather (Pacific Northwest).
Battery is dead- Jump start/Charge. After jump car cranks/starts. Runs
really rough for a few minutes, stalls when put into gear. Car is even
tougher to restart, will not idle at all.

Some related info. Car has 1/2 tank of fuel. Dry gas added to account for
condensation. Fuel relay jumpered to allow cranking for longer than 8 sec.

This is my pre M5 E28 which I sold to the BOSS.....Will make major points
here.

Please rspond to me and I will post a summary

Chris Brandt

P.S. I can't resist a comment on Helen/Rob. I have never seen either one in
person, but if the car is as clean as it looks in pictures and is cared for
by somebody who has the obvious knowledge of these cars that Rob does. It is
worth what he wants for it. I would consider trading my M5 for that car and
would not sell my M5 for anything even close to $14K. (I would want more not
less....for the Kilbort school of math grads)