Re: <E30> Factory Amplifier Specs?

>Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 00:47:19 EST
>From: VeeDubJeff@domain.elided
>Subject: <E30> Factory Amplifier Specs?
>
>Anybody know how much power the stock amplifier in my 86 325es?
>I recently upgraded to a Sony 35x4 watt stereo but i'm afraid the
amplifier is
>limiting it?  I'm not a stereo buff, but I'd like to use the head to it's
full
>power.  I'll remove the stock amp if it is limiting anything.
>
>Thanks,
>Jeff Patch
>86 325ES
>http://jamspot.simplenet.com

I have looked every where for this same information and have come up blank.
I recently removed the amp (it's on the left side of the trunk behind the
power antenna motor) and it is very puny. I don't think it can put out more
than the Sony you put in. I think your best option is to run new wire and
bypass the amp. The leads that are used to the amp and to the speakers are
very thin and might benefit from some beefier cable. If you want the amp,
replace it with one that puts out a little more power.

Dave Larocque

End of bmw-digest V9 #908