Re: X5 ///M

Concerning the possibility of an ///M version of the X5, the question was brought up
during a Q & A session with BMW engineers on the Saturday of ///M-Day.

One person in the group asked if BMW planned to make an ///M version of the X5.  BMW
responded by asking the crowd (about 200 people in this session) if anyone would be
willing to purchase such a vehicle.  I don't recall anyone raising their hands on
this.  I don't think this was lost on BMW because it was a gathering of ///M
enthusiasts and no one seemed to want an ///M SAV.

That doesn't mean they won't make one, but I would think they would be very concerned
about who the target market would be.

Jim Herman
'88 ///M5