Re: <WOB> "Lose the Mudflaps" **Rob

>From: Stephen Albrecht <albrecht@domain.elided>
>Subject: <WOB>
>
>...So I arrive at my car all ready to head for home and what do I find
>but a note on my windshield.  The note says, "lose the mudflaps."  My
>first thought is 'why, do they slow me down?' Then I notice the spelling
>errors so now I am torn between two interpretations.  Is he telling me
>that one of my mud flaps is about to fall off the car, or is he telling
>me to take them off the car?  This is very strange.  I'm sure a large
>subset of the members will have a good time with this one.

My first thought was "I try to lose the mudflaps by driving as fast as
possible, but they just keep following me."

My second thought was Ricky Riccardo complaining about the redhead's weight
gain, "Lucy, de mudflaps!"

Theoretically, I suppose it could have been a Michelin (or whatever rubber
ya got) publicist concerned that cars behind you couldn't see the nifty
tread design.

Ludicrously, it could have been some crazed
enlightened-marxist-auto-enthusiast who was angered by the sociological
effect on the proletariat and the political unrest engendered in the working
class that would be caused by *your* 540i having mudflaps and *his* being
afflicted by the mud stains worn proudly as battle scars in the great
struggle against the Capitalist Honda-Driving Pigs.

But then again, I may be a vanilla gorilla.

- - Rob Levinson

Buy my car and help make a donation to the Bubba Kids:
http://www.bubbaclub.com/4sale.htm