<misc>Bilstein Springs/European Magazines

Was browsing at the huge magazine collection in Barnes and Noble
yesterday, and noticed how much better European automotive magazines
are than our US versions.  One that I had not seen before was
Performance BMW, a British magazine.  Cost on the magazine stand was
$7.95.  Big magazine, chock full of pics and ads and articles.  And a
couple of bikini broads thrown in.  Was also interesting to see the
amount of aftermarket stuff available over there, thats not available
over here.  Bilstein apparently carries a line called "Sprintline"
(sp?).  This is a matched set of Bilstein Sport shocks/struts and
springs.  No, not coilovers, basic springs/shocks/struts.  Boge also
listed a set of Boge Sport springs.

Magazine had an article on two brothers with E36's, lowered 70mm and
90mm, I think.  With 18 inch rims.  Amazingly, they still did not
appear to be as low as, say those California low rider cars, but I can
only imagine the ride quality.

Dont know the prices on any of this stuff.  I think the Boge springs
were something like 149f, which, according to my conversion knowledge
comes out to be something like 8 trillion Indian rupees.  Who knows.

Ron Browne
1992 318is
Bowie, MD