E30. Radio finally done!

Digesters!

I finally managed to finish installing my radio.  I won't bother posting =
the wires since mine seem have been different from everyone else's.  I =
guess the P.O. really messed around with the wiring and then the burglar =
broke in and ripped up the dash further bird-nesting the whole thing.

Antenna:

Applied 12V between the white wire and (antenna) ground lead and 12V =
between red wire and (antenna) ground lead and found the antenna went up =
and down just fine.  The red wire carries 12V all the time and the white =
one is the trigger.  The white one can carry 12V and  300 mA and actuates =
the relay that uses the power from the red wire to raise the antenna.  My =
head unit is limited to 300 mA.

Permanent Live:

I got that off the red/white wire on the hazard warning switch.

Thanks to:

Rob Levinson for pointing out the trick of routing wires to remote amp. =
harness in the trunk.
Constant Yu for pointing out some WWW pointers.
Tom Murphy for wire colors and functions.
Barry Hodgetts and Murray Lloyd for antenna voltages and currents.
Other people who posted to the WWW and helped early in my efforts.

And now onto the OBC!

Neil Deshpande
1988 325 is
1989 325 iC - now radio equipped!