17's on a E36

>I know this question has been asked before but I forgot the answer.
>I have purchsed (4) 17x7.5 alloy wheels for my 1994 325i. I was planning on
>going with 225/45/17 Tires. The Tire rack says these might be a problem in
the
>rear and may require a camber adjustment. He said 215 would be safe. For
those
>of you that have upgraded to 17" tires,will the 225's pose a problem? I
>thought I remembered some members using 235"s on all 4 corners with no
rubbing
>anywhere.
>
>John

John,

Hey - pay attention !!!!  This hurts my fingers to have to type this out
AGAIN !  :)

You're good to go in any of the following sizes as a MAXIMUM recommended
size on 7.5 inchers before you have to start pounding inner fenders (why
does Tire Rack give out so much dis-information on specific vehicle
fitments?) :

235/40/17 < Recommended for best handling and appearance/clearance
235/45/17
245/40/17 (will be tight, but should make it of your offests are in 38mm to
44mm range.)

You WILL have to install a steering limiter on the front to keep the tires
from rubbing the inner fender liner at near-full lock.  This part is not
expensive and not hard to install.  Your camber adjustment should be fine as
well as your toe-in. Unless the car tracks badly you should be O.K on your
alignments.  Expect the car to drive much more crisp with 17"ers but ride a
bit rougher and WATCH OUT FOR POTHOLES in a big way with 40 series tires.

Duane Collie
www.bubbaclub.com
Bubba Kids need your support !