California Salvage title Question.. (I need help pronto)

    Hello Everyone,
    Does anyone know what the California law is that constitutes a
salvage title.  How much damage does it take to earn a salvage title.  I
have a guy that is willing to sell a 1998 M3 with 8K mls, harmon kardon,
sunroof, power seats, etc. for $29K.  It does have a salvage title but
he claims that the car has only had its right, rear quarter panel
replaced and nothing else.  He even claims that the stickers are still
on the doors, trunk, hood, etc.  No complete repaint either.  Now, I
know this is a sketchy car but tell me if anyone has any experience with
these title laws. PS.  The owner is a body-shop owner. Likewise, is
there anyone in the LA area that wouldn't mind checking this M3 out??
Please e-mail me personally at tarvma02@domain.elided  Thank you all, Mike.