World's Nicest M6 - Nice Garage too!

I spent about 3 hours this morning with a gentleman discussing his garage
plans where he intends to store some very unique vehicles.  Actually its
more of a showroom which will house a 12' long maple countertop spanning
custom Lista burgundy cabinets (to pick up the subtle colors in the garage
floor's carpeting) and a selection of the finest tools for use by the
mechanics that come in to service his vehicles.  There is no lift in the
workshop (car's will be raised with a selection of fresh aluminum race
jacks...ground clearance is close to 3" on some of the cars).  The lighting
and environmentals will approach laboratory standards and the security
system will be on par with many banks I've seen.
	 This enthusiast (I wont reveal his name or state out of respect for his
privacy) has a black 1986 M6 that was rebuilt entirely after it came off
the production line.  I believe the car was featured in a Roundel article a
few years back.  Over 8000 hours went into the redo......2000 hours alone
were spent in Junior Conway's shop on a fresh nitrocellulose lacquer paint
job.  Engine is Groupe A Motorsport issue with 350+ HP. Current mileage on
the odometer is 173 although it has tens of thousands of air miles.
			In speaking with the owner, I asked him what he'd like to get
next....McLaren F1, Ferrari F50, etc?  None of these cars interested him
unless he could make them truly unique..."these cars are not special.  All
you have to do is write a check."
		The other cars currently in this garage are Porsches that make my 930
look like a "beater car"..  I'd never look at a concour event the same
after seeing these beauties.  SD
Steve D'Gerolamo - The Ultimate Garage
201-262-0412 / steved3@domain.elided / http://www.ultimategarage.com