Re: <all>Clear Lens Tailights-Proper application

Ron browne wrote:

> If you've "upgraded" to the ever-popular clear lens/Euro lens
> (although, from what I hear, most BMW's in Europe actually have yellow
> lenses...go figure) tailights...

It is creative or effective marketing that adds valuable, perceived
European-ness to a bit of white, European plastic rather than a bit of
yellow, European plastic. Your old U.S. tail lights could just as well
be called "Euro" tail lights, and could be by EU law had BMW NA not
deleted the rear foglight pins.

In places where all tail lights must be European, the yellow-free tail
lights are known as "white" or "grey" tail lights, depending on the
shade.

> be sure you have the proper set for your vehicle....
> Sources tell me there are two different types of tailight assemblies.
> One for OBC equipped cars, one for cars without OBC.  Sounds like I
> probably have the one for OBC.

I and probably others have mentioned this before. There are two types
of E36 tail lights: one for cars without check control and another for
cars with check control.  Make sure you get the right ones!

- -John
'96 318is

- --
john.firestone@domain.elided