audi copycat ads

Sorry to revive the unmissed BMW ad thread, but I
saw a new ad for the Audi A4 last night which is a
shameless rip off of BMW's latest series of ads
(first for the new 3, then the 5, and now the M
Roadster). It features an A4 being chased by its
shadow on a winding road. From 10 feet away, you'd
swear its one of BMW's new commercials until the 4
rings come on the screen at the end.

It had the same techno music (actually, it all
sounds the same to me), same black and white
footage of car going fast on winding road, and
same ad-speak words appearing on the screen in
clipped phrases, with no voice-over narration.
("the corner.  belongs to you.  you are at one.
with the corner. and the car. the fast car.  makes
your penis larger.  and women will ignore.  your
receding hairline."-type crap).

Whatever ad ageny created these ads, whew, they
really stained themselves creatively here. I guess
it's better than copying those Chrysler ads with
that annoying big guy with the wimpy voice, or all
those lame-ass SUV ads that show yuppies doing the
Baja 500 on the way to work, when it reality
theses idiots slow to 1 mph to go over a 3 inch
speed bump despite their 20 inches of ground
clearance and off-road suspension.

Andy '95 m3