factory exec cars personal experience

Reading the digest the last couple of days after a two week
period of vacation without digests, it appears that I missed
a discussion of factory exec cars. What follows is my
experience.

My beloved  91 325iX is a factory exec car. It was sold
by Isringhausen (BIG high end dealer in Springfield IL)
to a local medical resident who then sold it a local dealer
when he left town in 96. Of course the local dealer gave me
a totally fallacious story on how they got the car as was
confirmed by mechanic who knew the car quite well. Sum
total is that the car has been very good to me. Yes it
needed balljoints (read Big money on an X) when I
bought it at 35K miles but I knew that going in. This
car has been a total joy to own with the only unexpected
expense an alternator last fall so factory exec cars can be
a good deal.

Dave
91 iX 53K