Keyless Entry

Back on digest after a several-month hiatus, so this may be an old inquiry,
but did not see it in FAQs.

Have a new 1999 M3 with BMW keyless entry.  The little separate transmitter
that dangles from the keychain takes up too much room in my pocket and would
like to have the transmitter in the "head" of the key, like some of the 5's
and 7's.  The parts guys say "not for an E-36," but their answer seems too
quick and superficial.    There is more than one style of blank key
transmitters available from BMW (different numbers of buttons).  The
receiver can learn up to four transmitters.  I guess the ignition security
has to be accommodated.

It seems like a solvable problem through BMW parts or some clever
engineering/repackaging.

Are there any know solutions?  Thanks.

Tom

Tom Gentry    tgentry@domain.elided     972-618-6758