ABS Sensor light

>From: "Mark Sussman, Ph.D." <sussman@domain.elided>
>Subject: <E30> M3 ABS light on - advice?
>
>I had my wheels balanced on Sunday and this morning the ABS warning light on
>the dashborad cluster comes on when the car speeds up over 40-45 mph. I
>assume the idiot who worked on the wheels must have boinked off the sensor
>to the hub.

Mark,

Perhaps not the wheel balancer's fault - just coincidence as its kinda hard
to hit those just removing the wheels.  The ABS sensors are imbedded in the
back of the hubs and typically get a magnetic build-up of loose particles
on them over time. Maybe buzzin' the wheels on and off caused some
additional debris to float into the sensor.  Most of the time you can
easily remover the sensor, clean it off and pop it back in then all is fine.

Duane Collie