Pat on the back for Richard.

Richard you deserve more acknowledgement and praise then
what you already get for creating this digest and trying to keep
it flowing on the path of usefullness.

I just want to thank everyone who sent me email about solutions
to the problems I was having with my 325is.  Just to let everyone
know I opted for replacing the transmission rather than repair it.
Bounce was that I found one in Seattle for $325 and it even came
with a warrenty.  Spent the difference on the BL/SS and ERK
which was very easy to install when the transmission has just
been installed.  New shifter takes a little getting use to but it does
what everone claims it does.

There is actually nothing wrong with my old transmission except
for the 1/4" hole in the rear case.  I am willing to buy a busted 260
that has a good rear case for a reasonable price.  To me that price
is more than $50 but less than $100 plus shipping.

Do not think of it as a loss but as a gift when you free up room in
your shop by getting rid of that broken tranny.  Another added
benifit is that it will become a spare for my project track car.

Just one more note to add.  Guess I picked the wrong profession
since I do not make a 100k a year but I still own two BMW's.
Years ago I did not even make $10k a year but still drove a XKE
rodster when it would run.

 Mark P.
 '89  325is  (K&N cone and BL/SS with ERK)
 '84  318i    (old reliable)