E36 broken side window - repair help needed.

I have a 1992 E36 325I 4 door with a slight problem.  My driver's side power
window has separated from one of the two mounting brackets inside the door.
Now when I open or close the window, it does so at a 45 degree angle.
Fortunately, I was able to close the window so that our current snow storm
will not enter the car.  I should note that this also happened during the
summer and the dealer was able to "remount" the bracket to the window (for
$100!!!), but admitted that it was not a permanent fix and that the window
would need to be replaced at a whopping cost of $400.00.  Part of the reason
for the expense the dealer claimed was that the bracket and window have to
be purchased together since they are really one part.  The other part of the
expense is that my dealer is an A-HOLE who charges 50% about list for all
parts (yes, I said 50% above cost).  Unfortunately, they are the only dealer
in the area and take full advantage of the situation.  My questions to the
digest are:

1. Can I remount the bracket to the window by myself and how?
2. If I do have to purchase the window and bracket together, can I install
it myself.  Also, what is a fair price for this part.
3. Any other pointers that anyone may have?

Thanks for the help.

Ken Ross
Kdross@domain.elided